West Virginia Water Research Institute Releases RFP Announcement for USGS 104g
- Improving and enhancing the nation’s water supply, including evaluation of innovative approaches to water treatment, infrastructure design, retrofitting, maintenance, management, and replacement; exploration and advancement of our understanding of changes in the quantity.
- Quality of water resources in response to a changing climate, population shifts, and land use changes; development of methods for better estimation of water supply, both surface and groundwater, including estimation of the physical supply and of the economic supply of water; and development and evaluation of processes and governance mechanisms for integrated surface/groundwater management.
- The evaluation and assessment of conservation practices.
Any investigator at an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States is eligible to apply for a grant through a Water Research Institute or Center established under the provisions of the Water Resources Research Act of 1984, as amended (http://water.usgs.gov/wrri/institutes.html). Proposals involving substantial collaboration between the USGS and university scientists are encouraged. Proposals may be for projects of 1 to 3 years in duration and may request up to $250,000 in federal funds. Successful applicants must match each dollar of the federal grant with one dollar from non-federal sources.
Pre-proposals must be submitted to your State Institute or Center by 5:00 pm, Eastern Time, February 15, 2019, and invited full proposals to the National Competitive Grants Program must be submitted to the grants.gov internet site at http://www.grants.gov not later than 5:00 pm Eastern Time, May 31, 2019, by the university at which the Institute or Center is located. Funds have not yet been appropriated for this program for FY2019. The Government’s obligation under this program is contingent upon the availability of funds.
Due Dates and Important Information
- Notice will be sent out when USGS releases the FY2019 RFP.
- The RFP will be placed on the WV Water Research Institute website at wvwri.org.
- Pre-proposals will be due February 15, 2019.
- Full proposals will be due May 31, 2019.
Trackback from your site.