WV Water Research Institute releases Request for Proposals
The WV Water Research Institute is requesting proposals for research expected to be funded March 1, 2018 through February 28, 2019. The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), Department of the Interior, will sponsor the research. Faculty from all WV Colleges and universities are encouraged to submit proposals. It is expected that three to five projects will be funded in the range of $10,000 – $20,000 each. Areas of Emphasis/Research Priorities for the State of West Virginia are listed below.
• THM’s-factors controlling PSD exceedances*
• Bromide sources-sources, mass balance in streams, factors controlling stream concentrations, impacts*
• Policy options proven to protect water resources that could help WV
Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources
• Watershed management to reduce flooding
• Project changes in storm hydrographs
• Baseflow indices at the watershed level
• Pooling water resources for use during drought
Industrial Processes and Urban Sprawl
• UIC’s Issues with permitting, compliance, safety
Proposals under this announcement must be submitted through the internet site at niwr.net. Proposals are due by 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time December 15, 2017.